Broken Vows: Religious Perspectives on Domestic Violence
DVD Training Program
Study Guide Author: Billie Sargent Hatchell
Also available in Spanish.
Through the stories of six battered women and expert information from Jewish, Roman Catholic and Protestant leaders, Broken Vows addresses how religious teachings have been misused to perpetuate abuse and how religious communities can work proactively to end domestic violence.
This DVD training program:
- Increases understanding of domestic violence from the survivor's experience
- Instructs religious leaders and community advocates on prevention and intervention
- Provides in-depth information on religion and domestic violence from experts in the field
- Addresses domestic violence from a multifaith perspective
- Includes a 40-page study guide and a package of awareness brochures
- Golden Eagle, CINE
- Cindy Award, Intl. Association of Audiovisual Communicators
- NW Regional Emmy Nominee, National Academy of TV Arts & Sciences
"Simply the best resource available"
--Ray S. Anderson, Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
"Every shelter and battered women's program needs these excellent educational resources."
--Susan Schechter, Co-Author, When Love Goes Wrong