Wings Like a Dove
Healing for the Abused Christian Woman
Study Guide Author: Ann Downer, MS EdD
O that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. (Psalm 55)
Through the voices of survivors and religious leaders, Wings Like a Dove offers hope and healing to abused women and valuable information for religious and community groups:
- Provides reassurance to Christian women that the abuse is not their fault, they are not alone, and God will be with them on their journey to safety and healing
- Increases awareness and understanding while offering hope an healing for survivors
- Helps survivors find strength in their Christian faith
- Discusses the effects of domestic violence on children
- Includes a 32-page study guide and a package of awareness brochures
This DVD program contains an in-depth discussion of the theological issues that are often troubling or confusing for Christian women in abusive relationships: blame, submission, anger, the marriage covenant, divorce, repentance, forgiveness, despair and faith.
Also see Circles of Healing for a supplementary support group curriculum to accompany this video.
Film Festival Award, National Network of Violence Prevention Practitioners
"This is an excellent pastoral ministry resource."
--Sheila Garcia, Secretariat for Family, Laity, Women and Youth, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops