Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201
A 101 Fundamentals and 201 Beyond Basics Training Program on Boundary Issues for Clergy and Spiritual Teachers. Includes a Teacher's Guide and 101 & 201 participant workbooks plus A Sacred Trust DVD and Teaching Excerpts DVD
Regular price $350
Pub. Date: 2012
Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 is a two-part training program with two DVDs, a teacher's guide and two participant workbooks for levels 101 Fundamentals and 201 Beyond Basics. (see video clip below). The goals of the program are to:
- Increase awareness of the need for healthy boundaries in the clergy-congregant or teacher-student relationship
- Provide clergy, lay leaders and teachers with guidelines for appropriate boundaries and self-care
- Illustrate strategies to sustain a safe, healthy church
- Define boundaries and why they are important
The training topics address:
- Theology and the Nature of Boundaries
- Power and Vulnerability
- Dating, Friendships, Dual Relationships, Gifts
- The Pulpit, Transference, Hugging and Touch, Intimacy
- Emerging Issues in Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Living with Healthy Boundaries (modules include currrent issues and topics such as internet technology, social media, pornography, finance, sexual attraction)
- Personal Needs and Self-Care, Red Flags, Final Reflections
The accompanying teacher's guide includes background information, discussion questions, and interactive exercises in two sections that coincide with participant course workbooks.
"Intelligently inclusive, ecumenical, interfaith, multiracial, humorous and honest. It's hard to imagine a more effective and engaging approach to a long-neglected topic in ministry circles. This should be on the required list for every religious leader."
--Robert M. Franklin, Presidential Distinguished Professor, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
"The priests in my training were impressed with the interfaith aspects of this resource. They found that they were part of a larger ministerial community than they could have ever imagined and recognized much of their own experience in the comments of the speakers from other faith communities."
--Rev. Robert J. Silva, President, National Federation of Priests' Councils
"A Sacred Trust explores boundary issues faced by all spiritual teachers. It is a thoughtful and compassionate inquiry that will well serve those who are serving others. This is a wonderful training tool."
--Joseph Goldstein, Guiding Teacher, Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA