Garments for One Another>>>SALE
Ending Domestic Violence in Muslim Families
An important resource for mosques, religious leaders, social workers, community groups and shelter staff who offer help to Muslim women who currently experience violence in the home (see video clip below). This complete package offers solutions to prevent future violence within the context of the Islamic faith.
What Does This Resource Offer?
- Interviews with survivors, religious leaders and community advocates
- Safety and healing for Muslim survivors of domestic violence
- Information for religious leaders about how to respond to domestic violence and become involved in prevention
- A special feature of scholars and imams speaking in depth on Qur'an verse 4:34
Who Is This For?
- Imams and religious leaders
- Community advocates and other professionals
- Community groups, task forces, and organizations addressing religion and domestic violence
- Support groups for Muslim survivors of domestic violence
- Three DVD segments:
Understanding Domestic Violence (32 minutes)
Islamic Perspective on Domestic Violence (31 minutes)
What We Can Do to End Domestic Violence (29 minutes)
- Comprehensive study guide
- CD with masters of 11 handouts to be used in training
- Includes 25 Peaceful Families awareness brochures
"I am inspired by the many scholars and activists who have participated in producing this wonderful DVD that addresses domestic violence in Muslim families."
--Imam Mohamed Magid, All Dulles Area Muslim Society