Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 - October 2012
This training will prepare you to train others on healthy boundary issues for clergy and spiritual teachers using A Sacred Trust curriculum.
Oct 29, 2012 08:00 PM
Oct 31, 2012 07:00 PM
|Central Time Zone|
|Where||Scarritt Bennett Center, Nashville, Tennessee|
Rev. Dr. Marie M. Fortune and Rev. Dr. Sharon Ellis Davis
|Contact Name||Carolyn Scott Brown|
|Contact Phone||206-634-1903 x23|
|Add event to calendar||
Description: This course focuses on "prevention" and will equip trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries Fundamentals 101 & Beyond Basics 201. The course is designed for those who are designated by their judicatory or organization to train clergy and spiritual teachers about healthy boundaries. Whether new or experienced to this training assignment, participants in the course will deepen their own understanding of the issues, explore new challenges, and expand their options for training others.
- Review healthy boundaries fundamentals.
- Analysis of emerging issues for healthy boundaries and ministry. e.g. social media
- Prepare trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 with practices for effective training.
- Strengthen training skills to increase confidence in presenting this material.
Who Should Participate? This course is recommended for experienced trainers and also those who have background in healthy boundaries and clergy misconduct topics; people who are training other faith leaders; those seeking a refresher or new material on boundaries [previously trained by FaithTrust Institute]
Course Structure: Two-day In-person classroom training
- Review of Healthy Boundaries "Fundamentals 101"
- Review of Healthy Boundaries "Beyond Basics 201"(includes discussion of emerging issues)
- Training Practice and Tips for Successful Training Sessions
Course Materials included in training fee: Newly Updated A Sacred Trust Facilitator’s Guide; HB Fundamentals 101 Workbook* & HB Beyond Basics 201 Workbook; DVD A Sacred Trust*; DVD Teaching Clips from A Sacred Trust and DVD Teaching Clips from Once You Cross the Line Part 1; Powerpoint modules on Power, Social Media, Cyberporn/sex, Finances (*material included in prior “train the trainer” course)
Course Materials sold separately: Sex and the Spiritual Teacher by Scott Edelstein and At Personal Risk, by Marilyn Petersen
Fees and Registration:
- Course Fee:
$750 per participant; Final registration Monday, October 22, 2012
$600 per person group rate or returning participants; Call for details. Carolyn Scott Brown, 206-634-1903 x23
- This training event will be held at Scarritt Bennett Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Click Here for more Travel and Accommodations Information.
- Click here for Training Event Information.
Sorry, registration is closed for this event.