Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 - May 2013
New material! Healthy Boundaries 201 – Beyond Basics. This training will prepare you to teach the 101 & 201 material for faith leaders in your area.
May 19, 2013 01:15 PM
May 21, 2013 12:00 PM
|Pacific Time Zone|
Rev. Dr. Marie M. Fortune & Rev. K. Ray Hill
|Registration Status||Open - Register Now!|
|Contact Name||Carolyn Scott Brown|
|Contact Phone||206-634-1903, ext. 23|
|Add event to calendar||
Description: This course focuses on "prevention" and will equip trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries Fundamentals 101 & Beyond Basics 201. The course is designed for those who are designated by their judicatory or organization to train clergy and spiritual teachers about healthy boundaries. Whether new or experienced to this training assignment, participants in the course will deepen their own understanding of the issues, explore new challenges, and expand their options for training others.
- Review healthy boundaries fundamentals.
- Analysis of emerging issues for healthy boundaries and ministry, e.g. social media
- Prepare trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 with practices for effective training.
- Strengthen training skills to increase confidence in presenting this material.
Who Should Participate? This course is recommended for experienced trainers and also those who have background in healthy boundaries and clergy misconduct topics; people who are training other faith leaders; those seeking a refresher or new material on boundaries [previously trained by FaithTrust Institute]
Course Structure: Two-day In-person classroom training
- Review of Healthy Boundaries "Fundamentals 101"
- Review of Healthy Boundaries "Beyond Basics 201"(includes discussion of emerging issues)
- Training Practice and Tips for Successful Training Sessions
Course Materials included in training fee: Newly Updated A Sacred Trust Facilitator’s Guide; HB Fundamentals 101 Workbook* & HB Beyond Basics 201 Workbook; DVD A Sacred Trust*; DVD Teaching Clips from A Sacred Trust and DVD Teaching Clips from Once You Cross the Line Part 1; Powerpoint modules on Power, Social Media, Cyberporn/sex, Finances (*material included in prior “train the trainer” course); Sex and the Spiritual Teacher by Scott Edelstein and At Personal Risk by Marilyn Petersen
Fees and Registration:
- Course Fee:
$750 per participant until Friday, April 19, 2013
$800 per participant after April 19, 2013. Final registration Friday, May 17, 2013
$650 per person group rate or returning participants; Call for details. Carolyn Scott Brown, 206-634-1903 x23
- This training event will be held at the Residence Inn in Seattle, WA.
- For more info on this event click here. For info on location, travel, and accommodations, click here.