Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 - Oct 2013
Early Bird Deadline Extended! Designed for those who are responsible for training clergy and spiritual teachers about healthy boundaries. This course focuses on prevention and will equip trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 Fundamentals and 201 Beyond Basics.
Oct 21, 2013 01:15 PM
Oct 23, 2013 12:00 PM
Rev. Dr. Marie M. Fortune
|Contact Name||Carolyn Scott Brown|
|Contact Phone||206-634-1903 ext 23|
|Add event to calendar||
Description: This course focuses on "prevention" and will equip trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 Fundamentals & 201 Beyond Basics. The course is designed for those who are designated by their judicatory or organization to train clergy and spiritual teachers about healthy boundaries. Whether new or experienced to this training assignment, participants in the course will deepen their own understanding of the issues, explore new challenges, and expand their options for training others.
- Prepare trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 with practices for effective training.
- Analysis of emerging issues for healthy boundaries and ministry, e.g. social media.
- Review healthy boundaries fundamentals.
- Strengthen training skills to increase confidence in presenting this material.
Who Should Participate?
This course is recommended for experienced trainers and also those who have background in healthy boundaries and clergy misconduct topics; people who are training other faith leaders; those seeking a refresher or new material on boundaries.
Training Fee Includes:
- Two-day in person classroon training
- Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 Kit:
- Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 Teacher's Guide (New)
- Healthy Boundaries 101 Fundamentals Course Workbook (Revised)
- Healthy Boundaries 201 Beyond Basics Course Workbook (New)
- A Sacred Trust DVD
- Teaching Exerpts DVD - teaching clips from A Sacred Trust and Once You Cross the Line (New)
- PowerPoint Modules used during classroom training. Topics include the joy of boundaries, theology and boundaries, power and vulnerability, internet technology, social media, finance, attraction, and self-care.
- Book Sex and the Spiritual Teacher by Scott Edelstein
- Book At Personal Risk by Marilyn Peterson
- $750 early registration if registered by Monday, September 16, 2013 - extended until Oct 11!
- $800 registration after September 16, 2013
- Group discounts ($650 per person) are given to groups of 4 or more from the same congregation, organization, or conference/region.
An agenda is issued upon registration. The training times are as follows:
Monday, October 21: 1:15pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday, October 22: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 23: 8:45am - noon
Questions: Email email@example.com or call Carolyn Scott Brown at 206-634-1903 ext. 23.
Sorry, registration is closed for this event.