Featured Recorded Webinars
- Rev. Al Miles - Teen Dating Violence and Prevention - Recorded (Online Recording, from Sep 08, 2011 11:00 AM to Sep 08, 2011 12:00 PM)
- This webinar is sponsored by the United Church of Christ as a part of their Fall Webinar Series, God is Still Speaking: Growing Safe and Healthy Congregations and Families in the Church. This session will discuss ways youth pastors and leaders can address healthy relationships and teen dating violence education. It will address signs and components of healthy relationships as well as how to respond to teenagers involved in unhealthy relationships.
- What to do if a Registered Sex Offender Comes to Your Church - Recorded (from Nov 13, 2012 07:00 PM to Nov 13, 2017 08:00 PM)
- Registered sex offenders who are released into the community are approaching faith communities and asking to participate in worship and other activities. We know that community support is important to prevent re-offending. How can faith communities be part of an offender’s support network and insure safety for the congregation?
- Walking Together: Working with Survivors from Diverse Christian Traditions - Recorded (Online, from Oct 09, 2014 12:00 AM to Oct 09, 2014 12:00 AM)
- In the last few months, the media has exploded with stories about domestic violence. The #whyIstayed conversation on twitter educated many people about the reality that survivors experience. For Christians living with domestic violence, faith can be a roadblock to ending the violence: biblical passages can be used by an abuser to justify the abusive behavior; teachings about marriage and divorce can keep someone in an abusive relationship.